A variety of issues occurred. Listed below are a number of the issues.
Table of Contents
- His Lawyer Thanks Him
- Missouri Faculty Board Bans Toni Morrison Novel
- Oath Keepers Founder Pleads Not Responsible To Sedition Cost
- Pelosi Doesn’t Point out Bid For Speaker In Reelection Announcement
- Biden Admin Scraps Vaccine Mandate
- Gingrich’s Ex-Aide Subpoenaed By Jan. 6 Panel
- Texas Dem Looking for Reelection Regardless of FBI Probe
- 13 % Of Hill Staffers Don’t Make Dwelling Wage
- Puerto Rico Conquistador Statue Toppled Forward Of Spanish King’s Go to
- Sport Of Thrones Explainer Makes It Into DOJ Jan. 6 Case Doc
- Don Jr. Owns Ladies With Dyed Hair Le Epic Model
His Lawyer Thanks Him
The right-wing conspiracy-theorizing broadcaster told his viewers on Tuesday that his lawyer advised him to invoke the Fifth Modification that many occasions throughout his interview with the Home Jan. 6 Committee, which passed off on Monday.
- Jones stated it was a great factor he didn’t reply all the committee’s questions as a result of he’s “the kind that tries to reply issues appropriately, even when he doesn’t “know all of the solutions.”
- However Jones apparently didn’t out-5A former Trump authorized adviser John Eastman, who pleaded the Fifth 146 occasions throughout his interview with the panel, an lawyer working for the committee revealed on Monday.
Missouri Faculty Board Bans Toni Morrison Novel
The Wentzville Faculty Board in Missouri yanked “The Bluest Eye” by Toni Morrison from highschool libraries within the district final week in one other victory for conservatives’ campaign to censor faculties from discussing racism and different “divisive” subjects.
Get TPM in your inbox, twice weekly.
Your subscription couldn’t be saved. Please attempt once more.
Your subscription has been profitable.
Oath Keepers Founder Pleads Not Responsible To Sedition Cost
Stewart Rhodes, the founding father of the far-right militia group, and 9 of the opposite alleged co-conspirators who had been charged with seditious conspiracy towards the U.S. in the identical indictment pleaded not guilty on Tuesday. The eleventh defendant within the felony case wasn’t on the listening to and hasn’t formally entered a plea but.
- The defendants will go to trial in July, tentatively.
- There are “ongoing discussions” with their protection attorneys about potential plea offers, the prosecutors said throughout the listening to.
Pelosi Doesn’t Point out Bid For Speaker In Reelection Announcement
Home Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) announced on Tuesday that she could be operating for reelection, however she notably didn’t say something about operating for speaker once more (Pelosi indicated in 2018 that she could be accomplished with the position after that time period).
Biden Admin Scraps Vaccine Mandate
The Labor Division’s Occupational Security and Well being Administration is withdrawing its requirement that employees at giant companies both get the COVID-19 vaccine or get examined weekly after the Supreme Court docket’s 6-3 majority struck down the mandate.
Gingrich’s Ex-Aide Subpoenaed By Jan. 6 Panel
Insider factors out that Newt Gingrich’s unhinged threat that the members of the Home Jan. 6 Committee could be dealing with jail — jail! — if the GOP takes again the Home must be seen alongside the truth that one of many ex-Republican chief’s longtime aides was amongst these subpoenaed earlier this month.
- The aide, Ross Worthington, was additionally a Trump adviser and, based on the committee, helped draft Trump’s speech that day, which was delivered instantly earlier than the rebel.
- He had been subpoenaed by the Jan. 6 panel to speak concerning the drafting of that speech.
- Gingrich’s rant on Sunday, Insider notes, got here the day earlier than the ex-aide’s deadline to adjust to the subpoena.
Texas Dem Looking for Reelection Regardless of FBI Probe
Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX), whose dwelling and marketing campaign workplace was raided by the FBI final week as a part of a federal investigation, declared on Tuesday that he was nonetheless going to attempt to hold his seat anyway. Not a lot is understood concerning the investigation to date, solely that it’s centered on Azerbaijan and a number of other U.S. businessmen with ties to the nation, based on ABC News, NBC News, and CBS News.
Cuellar insisted in his announcement yesterday that the probe would present there was “no wrongdoing” on his half.
13 % Of Hill Staffers Don’t Make Dwelling Wage
About 1 in 8 staffers, notably workers assistants, on Capitol Hill make lower than a dwelling wage, based on payroll information evaluation by Difficulty One, a authorities transparency group, reported by Roll Call.
Puerto Rico Conquistador Statue Toppled Forward Of Spanish King’s Go to
Spain’s King Felipe VI was greeted with a (*6*) statue of Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de León when he traveled to San Juan on Monday.
Sport Of Thrones Explainer Makes It Into DOJ Jan. 6 Case Doc
This Justice Division sentencing memo for an alleged Jan. 6 insurrectionist cites the defendant allegedly posting a quote by Cersei Lannister from “Sport of Thrones.” These of you who don’t watch the present may not know who she is or why a quote from a fantasy TV present is related, so the feds are pleased to inform you in full element:
Capitol rioter Jeramiah Caplinger quoted a “Sport of Thrones” character in a social media put up two days after the assault. In this footnote, prosecutors present an episode recap for individuals who don’t have HBO. pic.twitter.com/0rxLKdUKKP
— Michael Kunzelman (@Kunzelman75) January 25, 2022
The submitting additionally helpfully defines “lmfao”:
Don Jr. Owns Ladies With Dyed Hair Le Epic Model
The ex-president’s eldest son posted this devastating burn about, uh, girls who prefer to put colours of their hair:
Do you want Morning Memo? Tell us!