1. In case you learn Traina Ideas or hearken to the SI Media Podcast, you recognize there have been stories about Amazon being considering Troy Aikman to be the analyst for Thursday Night time Soccer subsequent season.
Aikman even addressed the stories on the SI Media Podcast a number of weeks again, saying, “There’s been conversations, like, I’ve not had conversations myself with anybody, with Amazon or with Fox about this. There was dialog that if Amazon had an curiosity in me possibly I might proceed with the identical schedule that I’ve been doing, and that’s Thursday nights with Amazon, after which doing the late recreation and the playoffs with Fox. I’ll say that’s rather a lot. I’ve been doing it for 4 years now. I actually thought I’d do it for one yr, and the primary yr was a variety of enjoyable doing Thursday nights, a prime-time recreation, one thing I had by no means performed earlier than. And now right here I’m in my fourth yr, and it’s rather a lot. I don’t need to say it takes the enjoyment out of it as a result of I actually love what I do. What it takes away is the time spent with the crew and actually having the ability to get to know and benefit from the folks in your crew. There are individuals who have been on our Fox crew for 2 or three years who I actually don’t know as a result of I haven’t been round them. I believe like all good crew, that’s a part of it. That’s type of the magic in what you do. So I’m not ruling that out, however my desire due to how tough it’s could be to get again to a normalized schedule and do one recreation every week.”
Aikman’s longtime broadcast associate, Joe Buck, joined this week’s SI Media Podcast, and I requested him whether or not he’s thought of life after Troy.
“I strive to not,” Buck stated, “as a result of it’s been 20 years and I can truthfully say, I’ve by no means had one second the place now we have felt like, not less than I haven’t, and we discuss it on a regular basis, we’re simply fortunate we’re good pals.
On this enterprise with as a lot as there may be on the road, not less than in our personal minds, each time we go on, and this enterprise may be type of backstabby and everybody’s climbing over each other to make issues occur for themselves, he and I’ve by no means performed that recreation.
He’s legitimately one in every of my greatest pals and I believe he would say the identical about me, so I strive not to consider it. And we discuss it. We discuss what’s on the market and we discuss what he’s deciding between and every part else. I solely ask questions and discuss it to a degree as a result of that’s his life. That’s his profession. He is aware of how I really feel. I don’t need him going wherever and that’s understood. However on the finish of the day, he’s gonna do what he needs to do.”
I requested Buck whether or not he would anticipate to get a say in who would change Aikman if the analyst did certainly depart the community.
“I haven’t stated one phrase to Fox about all that and so they haven’t talked to me, one phrase, about all of that,” stated Buck. “Not at any level.”
He added, “I believe I might be within the dialog, however I believe they’re actually under no circumstances, form or type obligated to hearken to something I say. They’re the boss. I’m the man that sits within the sales space. I’ve labored with a number of folks in baseball. I’ve labored with a number of folks in soccer. I began with Tim Inexperienced and I’ve been with Invoice Maas and Brian Baldinger and completely different folks alongside the best way. It’s been 20 years and whenever you do these video games which might be intense as they’re, I do know the place he’s going and he is aware of the place I’m going and I do know what he needs to speak about and he is aware of when and what I need to discuss. That’s actually onerous to duplicate.”
I had a idea for Buck in case Aikman did depart Fox, however he wasn’t feeling it.
Different matters mentioned with Buck on the SI Media Podcast embrace the scene at Lambeau Area after the Packers have been upset by the Niners, whether or not Niners followers will invade SoFi Stadium once more for the NFC title recreation, Buck’s response to Aikman lamenting on air that they didn’t get to name the Niners-Cowboys recreation and rather more.
2. Along with Buck, this week’s SI Media Podcast additionally options interviews with CBS’s Jim Nantz and WWE famous person Roman Reigns.
Nantz talked about calling the wild Payments-Chiefs recreation and previewed the Bengals-Chiefs AFC title recreation.
Reigns opened up about his latest expertise with COVID-19, shared a few of his favourite Royal Rumble reminiscences, mentioned his friendship with Jon Moxley and extra.
You too can watch the SI Media Podcast on YouTube.
3. I am unsure why Colorado’s Lakewood Police Division would have beef with the Payments, however this was an absolute dagger.
4. This clip is not for everyone, however in the event you like screaming and yelling and fervour and performative debating, then you’re going to get an enormous kick out of Stephen A. Smith and Chris “Mad Canine” Russo arguing in regards to the MLB Corridor of Fame.
5. We instructed you in Wednesday’s Traina Ideas in regards to the hilarious video of LeBron James scrambling Austin Reaves’s mind whereas speaking technique through the Lakers recreation towards the Nets on Tuesday.
Nicely, even LeBron acquired in on the meme motion yesterday.
6. If you would like to begin your Tremendous Bowl handicapping early, right here you go.
7. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: In case you hearken to the SI Media Podcast interview with Roman Reigns, you may hear us discussing this all-time Royal Rumble second.
You’ll want to atone for previous editions of Traina Ideas and take a look at the Sports activities Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina on Apple, Spotify or Stitcher. You too can observe Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.